The MSP aims to:
- To enhance the quality of sporting provision for local clubs within Melbourne and South Derbyshire
- To increase the number of players and teams in all clubs, particularly engaging and increasing participation by women and girls.
- To retain existing senior teams and create a vibrant club structure which ensures sustainability
- To enhance opportunities to participate in sport through formal club and informal recreational activities.
- To provide a safe and fun environment in which activities can be carried out by participants irrespective of their ability, age, gender, disability or ethnicity.
As well as attracting new players to the thriving Rugby, Football and Cricket Clubs, the MSP is hoping to generate 5 new tennis teams, a new adult netball team, a rounders team, a bowls team and opportunities for recreational participation.
The MSP is determined that the improved sporting facilities will help the further development of the local clubs but as importantly establish a community hub within Melbourne. The clubhouse enables a variety of sports clubs to provide a facility appropriate for both their participants and their opponents as well as a hub for local community groups to host events and regular activities.